Monday, April 29, 2013

Faced (working title)

In the peak of my eye as the fanblades spin
The colors fade and time begins
The music grows from a far away place
And the girl talks with her smiling face

Fire speaks and says its names
Volume turns and raises stakes
dogs and pandas gaze the scene
And rest and breathe their deepest breathes

Plans with her to talk of the things
That can tear ground up or around at its seams
Or keep it in place , to grow better fruits
And blossom the petals of her loving hues

At the times where gravity works
It's a beautiful thing, with the feat of the twirl
And the pull on my mind that tells me to hide
In stalls or halls, be what it decides

And at the times when the ground breaks loose
And platforms form and build something of use
I climb the footholds I made with my mind
And look somewhere new and for homes nearby

And were this piece to be so trite
I'd say that this is and that I'm taken in flight
And slowly her hand grabs mine for a shake
And a slap on the wrist for performance's sake

But leave it be for the latter two lines
This is some thing that's still held in time
Waiting for her to grab my feet
And spin me in circles to see me freak

And the patient look on the face of this
Gives thoughts of being happy in place
Down in a hole with warm and cold
And to have it shared with a heart of gold

No comments:

Post a Comment